Thursday, May 14, 2009

This is not the post I had intended to write...

The post I had intended to write was going to be humorous. But about an hour ago, I got some news that knocked the wind out of me and wiped all humor from my mind. Bon's hours at work just got cut down to 20 a week.

I really don't know what to do. I'm just stunned. For the past 9 months, Bon's been working 32 hours a week and fitting classes in around it. This is his last week of classes for the school year and then he was going to be going back to a full 40 hour work week. Even though it wouldn't cover all the bills, we were anxious for the extra money. If we would still be short on money with 40 hours a week, how will we survive with just 20??

And poor Bon has been trying so hard ot balance school and work, and now that he can focus on just one thing, they cut his hours. And he's been working there for almost four years now (and doing an amazing job!) and his co-worker who has only been there for two years, didn't get a single hour cut!! And Bon's boss KNOWS that I lost my job! Why would they be so unfair to him after all he's done for them?

I've been looking for a job, but no luck yet. Bon and I had even started to talk about me possibly going back to school (and still working, of course). Well, this totally ruins that. It breaks my heart.

Why? Why is everything falling apart all at once?