Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blankety Blank Zero!

What, you didn't catch that? Why, I just told you my weight!

One of my secret (well, I guess it's not a secret now...) goals for this year is to lose some weight. I asked Bon to get me a Weight Watchers membership for Christmas and I've been *somewhat* faithfully using it since New Years. To be totally honest, I haven't been perfect with it and have still indulged a bit (and haven't done any exercising yet) - but I'm still seeing results with the few changes that have been implemented! *the saddest change being that we switched from 1% milk to skim. yuck. (tangent: Bon told me that they have 6% milk in New Zealand. Is that true?!? If so, will someone please send me some?)

Anyway, the reason I'm sharing this (which I had originally vowed not to - or at least not until I reached my very distant goal weight) is because, when I stepped on the scale today, I saw that there was finally a decent decline in weight! On New Year's Day, I weighed _ _ 7 and today I weigh _ _ 0 !!! Seven pounds - not bad for still eating out occasionally and not excercising!

Also, I thought I'd remind myself of a moment of weakness I had this week: On Monday, Bon was kind enough to go grocery shopping on his way home from work and he made sure to only buy healthy foods that would be good for our diet. Well, he called me a little later because he had accidently locked his keys in his trunk and needed me to come rescue him. I told him I would, but only if he bought a DiGiorno pizza (I had been craving the cheezy-goodness all day). He tried to reason with me, but finally agreed to go back in and purchase one as I drove over. When I got there, I demanded the pizza as payment - but he hadn't gotten it. He refused to give in and "ruin" our diet and I refused to unlock his trunk. After a few minutes of trying every method (begging, pouting, batting of eyelashed, nearing tears - and that was just Bon!), I was given a firm-yet-loving talking to about how we needed to be healthy...so, with no pizza, I unlocked Bon's trunk.

*sigh*

I am getting a whole DiGiorno pizza all to myself for my birthday, though.